FOOD, EATING and AYURVEDA SERIES
I love food but does it love me?
Join Dr. Mohan on this 3 part, INTERACTIVE ONLINE WEBINAR to explore the all-important topic of food and digestion. Get an introduction to your digestive system from an ayurvedic perspective, and learn how to begin to apply the wisdom of ayurveda to better your diet, eating patterns, and digestive health.
*NEW* Included in this webinar series are Tongue, Stool & Digestive Capacity Assessment Tools.
Recommendations on what foods to eat & how to eat them are provided based on your assessment results.
WEDNESDAYS April 10, 17 & 24 ~ 12 – 1pm ~ REGISTER HERE ~
1. CHECK THE EFFECTS OF STRESS ON YOUR BODY. Our digestive system is the portal through which we see our mind and emotions exert their effect on our physical being. By addressing imbalance at the level of the digestive system, we can prevent imbalance in deeper tissue systems.
2. IMPROVE YOUR IMMUNITY. Our digestive health has a direct link to our immunity, and greater digestive health directly translates to less colds, and even improved autoimmune conditions.
3. GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR (ORGANIC) FOOD. How efficiently we absorb the vitamins & minerals from the foods we eat is dependent on the health of our digestive system. We can be eating really “healthy” food and not be harvesting all the nutrients for use because of poorly functioning digestion.
4. KNOW WHAT TO EAT, WHEN. Once we can learn to ’speak the language’ of our digestive system we can understand what it’s telling us and make the adjustments that help us avoid an imbalance. This means we can make better choices about what our bodies should be taking in on any given day.
5. GET RELIEF. Many of us suffer from chronic digestive patterns that we compensate for with different supplements or diet restrictions.When we know how to support our digestion, we improve our experience of food and eating.
6. ALLEVIATE FOOD INTOLERANCES & SENSITIVITIES. Many common food issues, such as gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance can be greatly improved and alleviated with ayurvedic approaches.
7. HAVE FUN. There are always a good amount of giggles when we talk about poop
Session 1 ~ Ayurvedic Diet ~April 10 2013
-what is ayurvedic diet?
-assessing the energetics of your diet
-the 6 tastes, and the 3 doshas
-how your digestive system is communicating with you
Session 2 ~ Digestive Capacity (agni) ~ April 17 2013
-introduction to agni
-how to assess the state of your agni
-ways to improve digestive capacity
Session 3 ~ “Healthy” Eating ~ April 24 2013
-assessing your eating habits
-healthy eating habits in ayurveda
-the effect of food on consciousness
a WEALTH of RESOURCES
AYURVEDA made ACCESSIBLE for ANYONE…
CHECK OUT MY LECTURE!
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT...
a WEALTH of RESOURCES
Svastha Health Ayurvedic Wellness
1815 Petaluma Ave
Long Beach, CA 90815
MAY 2014 ISSUE
BHAKTI FEST MIDWEST 2014
MOKSHA FESTIVAL 2013
FIRST FOR WOMEN, MARCH 2014
LA YOGA MAGAZINE
HEALTH AND WELLNESS GUIDE
at NATURAL PRODUCTS EXPO WEST
MAY ISSUE 2014
BHAKTI FEST WEST 2014