FOOD, EATING and AYURVEDA SERIES
I love food but does it love me?
Join Dr. Mohan on this 3 part, INTERACTIVE ONLINE WEBINAR to explore the all-important topic of food and digestion. Get an introduction to your digestive system from an ayurvedic perspective, and learn how to begin to apply the wisdom of ayurveda to better your diet, eating patterns, and digestive health.
*NEW* Included in this webinar series are Tongue, Stool & Digestive Capacity Assessment Tools.
Recommendations on what foods to eat & how to eat them are provided based on your assessment results.
WEDNESDAYS April 10, 17 & 24 ~ 12 – 1pm ~ REGISTER HERE ~
1. CHECK THE EFFECTS OF STRESS ON YOUR BODY. Our digestive system is the portal through which we see our mind and emotions exert their effect on our physical being. By addressing imbalance at the level of the digestive system, we can prevent imbalance in deeper tissue systems.
2. IMPROVE YOUR IMMUNITY. Our digestive health has a direct link to our immunity, and greater digestive health directly translates to less colds, and even improved autoimmune conditions.
3. GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR (ORGANIC) FOOD. How efficiently we absorb the vitamins & minerals from the foods we eat is dependent on the health of our digestive system. We can be eating really “healthy” food and not be harvesting all the nutrients for use because of poorly functioning digestion.
4. KNOW WHAT TO EAT, WHEN. Once we can learn to ’speak the language’ of our digestive system we can understand what it’s telling us and make the adjustments that help us avoid an imbalance. This means we can make better choices about what our bodies should be taking in on any given day.
5. GET RELIEF. Many of us suffer from chronic digestive patterns that we compensate for with different supplements or diet restrictions.When we know how to support our digestion, we improve our experience of food and eating.
6. ALLEVIATE FOOD INTOLERANCES & SENSITIVITIES. Many common food issues, such as gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance can be greatly improved and alleviated with ayurvedic approaches.
7. HAVE FUN. There are always a good amount of giggles when we talk about poop
Session 1 ~ Ayurvedic Diet ~April 10 2013
-what is ayurvedic diet?
-assessing the energetics of your diet
-the 6 tastes, and the 3 doshas
-how your digestive system is communicating with you
Session 2 ~ Digestive Capacity (agni) ~ April 17 2013
-introduction to agni
-how to assess the state of your agni
-ways to improve digestive capacity
Session 3 ~ “Healthy” Eating ~ April 24 2013
-assessing your eating habits
-healthy eating habits in ayurveda
-the effect of food on consciousness
a WEALTH of RESOURCES
AYURVEDA made ACCESSIBLE for ANYONE…
we’re EXCITED about…
Saturday, March 22nd 2:00pmGhee-making with Dr. Mohan. Come learn why ayurveda regards ghee (clarified butter) as an essential food for healthy tissues, proper digestion, and mental clarity, and learn to make your own. Aadhi cuisine will be joining us! Learn more!
A DAY OF AYURVEDIC BEAUTY
SATURDAY MAY 31st, 10a-4pIndulge with us at this workshop where you will learn the inter-relationship of digestion and beauty, ayurvedic cooking, traditional ayurvedic beauty therapies, and so much more. Learn more!
a WEALTH of RESOURCES
Svastha Health Ayurvedic Wellness
For years I've recommended Siva and her practice and will continue to do so until she tells me otherwise! :)
As featured in: First For Women, March 2014
First For Women Interview,
As Featured in: LA YOGA Magazine, Nov. 2013
LA YOGA MAGAZINE,